Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I Love...Esperanza Spalding

The epitome of Cultural Chic, Esperanza Spalding caused a flood of controversy after winning the Grammy last year for best new artist, beating out the likes of Justin Beiber and Drake. She suffered some pretty mean spirited comments on Twitter (mainly from Beiber fans) and was kind of ignored by the likes of Ebony and Essence. But those of us who know real talent when we see and hear it could not have been happier with this twist of fate in a world of mass produced music(?)

Not only do I love Esperanza's music, but her style is fabulous as well. So glad I stumbled upon her performance at the White House Evening of Poetry, Music, and the Spoken Word on May 12, 2009.
For those of you who might have missed it, like I did :(, here is a video of Esperanza's performance of "Tell Him."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments! I think they are absolutely FABULOUS! So...what do you think?